Thursday, May 10, 2007

I am an idiot

No really, I am. A huge, horrible event occurred in LA this weekend and I was blissfully unaware of the entire thing.

Demonstrators for immigrants rights were at a rally in Macarthur park when the LA police went in and began firing rubber bullets and tear gas into crowds of men, women and children, knocking down people left and right and attacking news reporters.

What is this country coming to? Is this what our country's idea of immigration reform is? Beat up those who speak up and demonstrate for the rights of the people? Of the worker?

I don't know how I never heard of this and I don't remember seeing it on the blogs of any of my friends but do me a favor and pass it on. We all need to see this and recognize that something is very wrong in this country.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Marie.
I heard of you through Tranny Wreck, and I'm hosting a women in podcasting page at http://www.ilovelard.com/women-in-podcasting I've subscribed to your cast and I've added you to the list. Stop by if you want, plug the page if you like it.
E-mail me other podcasting women if you think of any.
Best,
Marina